Mar 11, 2015

Update on jobs, training, and life...

I am not sure what the rest of 2015 is going to really look like or even beyond that but thats okay... Sometimes its stressful not knowing, yes, but on the whole it is really fun, it allows for new opportunities to present themselves, and in return, I get to meet new people, experience new challenges, and explore more of myself and the world around me.

Who would have guessed that when I finished my race season in 2014 that I would be sitting at home trying to think of what work I could get through the winter months when an opportunity I didn't even know was there landed on my doorstep. Sure, it wasn't completely by accident, but the timing could not have been more perfect.

I once again found myself in a school. Another private school, in the same general area as the last, teaching outdoor education like the last time and this time with a whole crew of amazing talented outdoor educators.

I spent my weeks teaching snowshoeing, nordic skiing, winter camping among a variety of life skills and learning.

Our winter on the coast was a strange one, we didn't receive nearly as much snow on the mountains, and in result there was very little skiing and a lot more of SUP and mountain biking and summer camping on the weekends. My weeks were tied up with work, bike commuting an hour each way, and a little bit of yoga, and weights when I could get to it. The weekends were usually packed with SUP, mtn biking, and camping.

Needless to say it is pretty tough to be training full time and working full time, actually, kind of impossible:) By the end I was feeling a little stressed about my lack of water time and proper training, but on the positive, breaks are good and the job amazing,....

Now, its March: I am in Florida working with Werner Paddles and training while visiting my vacationing family. I will then be in Costa Rica where I am putting on a retreat with AguaVida in Pavones before I head back to Vancouver for a ski trip, some packing, organizing, training, and a trip to the UK... and then its RACE SEASON... Already, the year looks different than last year, so it will be fun to see it all unfold and what adventures are to come:)

live, love, laugh,...DREAM!
lina

No comments: