Sep 27, 2014

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much"


"Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together."


Jermaie Vaine leading the morning stretch photo: Mike Muir
 The Paddle Academy run by Mike Eisert and Jaime Donnelly has been a new family for me here in SoCal. I have Braly Joy from SIC to thank for introducing me to Mike and Jaime and inviting me to the practices earlier in April. The paddle academy has brought close to 40 youngsters into the sport through fun, hard work, skill development, and community. They have created something very magical and I love being a part of it. There is a whole lot of amazing coaching, true camaraderie, really tough practices/insane workouts, amazing learning experiences, and open arms/non judgemental love no matter what you do and who you are. THANK YOU for taking me in with open arms and teaching me what you know:)))))
Coming in from an interval run photo: Mike Muir

leading the pack but not for long photo: Mike Muir

we all love sand running right?!? 

Jeramie giving me some pointers photo: Mike Muir


Mike, Jaime, and Ollie great coaches and extraordinary ppl

 Two amazing families have helped me out these past weeks while in SoCal training and racing. The Howson's (Harbour Surfboard) and the Russells. They have made my stay here so comfortable and memorable. They have gone out of their way to make sure I was happy, healthy, and feeling great. They have showed me around town, invited me to family functions, helped me get to training sessions, and fed me some pretty amazing meals. They are two families I will never forget and hope to stay in touch with for a long time yet. They have created an experience that surmounts winning any event; they created memories and moments that make me realize that following my passions and chasing my dreams was/is worth the hardships and the risks: because if I hadn't taken the chances to do this very thing I am doing,  I would not have met these amazing people and had unique and life changing moments:) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Howson's opened their doors to me 

Jaime, Denise, Kelly and Ollie all ppl who have helped me along my journey

Pat and Daniel Russell opened their home to me





Learning from the best of the best in the surf Ian Cairns

Ian Cairns is a surfing legend and a fabulous coach. He is an expert in the surf zone; skilled, knowledgeable, and personable.  He is helping me with my weakness and my fears surrounding huge scary crashing waves:)  I am focused and ready to take on the challenges and can't wait to see the end result:) With Ian in my court I know I will learn and succeed! 

"Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together."

live, love, laugh,...DREAM!
lina

No comments: