Apr 4, 2013

Settling into my groove...




Every time I exercise its exciting as I know it is a step closer to my Molokai goal.... My legs are tired this week. I don't think they really got a chance to recover from the Spearhead traverse since I haven't taken a day off really since. Sadly march break was over this week but luckily I enjoy my job so not such a bad thing. My legs though were getting lazy over the break from the lack of my crazy bike commute to work everyday, I can feel them now, just after three days of back to commuting life. This week, I managed a SUPx2, a run, crossfit, and a little yoga along with working full time, and cycling there and back and everywhere....

The thing that is looming over my head these days though is the LOGISTIC and figuring out expenses... I really am looking forward to securing a boat captain and boat.... I luckily have some contacts that are helping me: THANKS Milton for getting me in contact with Mike and Rob..... I am hoping I get this figured out soon so I can then start to focus on other things.... LIKE what board I am going to paddle.... AHHHHH....

I love getting awesome advice and pointers to help me along the way....

"L, read about your upcoming channel crossing. i've done it 7 times (5 in a surf ski; twice in an OC6) and each was great: if the trades are blowing, it's heady stuff, especially for an east coast paddler like myself. my recommendation vis a vis training is to do lots of 10-20 stroke intervieals as it's all about explode, surf, recovery and repeat! good luck. jg" 

Thanks JG: I will use your advice in my training for sure...


Exciting news on the sponsor front these dayss!!!! I am associated with these companies because I like their product and also I enjoy the company, their philosophies, and the community surrounding them..... 

I chatted with these 3 sponsors last week... I am definitely stoked to be a part of their extended family!

WERNER paddles! Unbelievable product, unbelievable people, unbelievable in general. If you haven't tried their paddles DO.... stop wasting your time.... If you have questions, let me know

RYDERS eyewear! Local and awesome! I am looking forward to helping them develop some watersport eyewear! 

TRIDENT SPORTS/STARBOARD: Friends since I started...... my first board ever... still on Starboard boards.... 

ALSO: 

A huge thank you to MOVEO and Dr. Jenn Turner.... Amazing chiro, lovely person, and a great athlete herself.... thank you for allowing me to move again painfree! 

Jeremy Riggs, Randy Royse and MAUI..... I will be back.... can't wait! 

I'm off sailing through the gulf islands for the weekend with a great group of students.... 

live, love, laugh,...DREAM!
lina

No comments: