Jan 16, 2013

2013, the new year has already brought along many new gifts...

These last few weeks I have been the busiest I have been in a long long time... I think its good for me.. I seem to be getting more done, feeling strong, learning lots, and so far enjoying it all:)

After a 3 week break from paddling I managed to get on the water twice in a row on the weekend. I felt good and strong on the water and really enjoyed being out paddling again. It did help that the sun was shinning... I think it was a good mental and physical break for me. Because of my random schedule and unusual board, transport situation I rarely find it easy to get out with other people and therefore find myself paddling on my own most of the time. It is okay, but can get tough to motivate myself at times and sometimes the similar routine gets a little tiring... the little hiatus brought along a fresh SUP spark, and although I do hope to get out with others, I am happy to also paddle on my own and push myself hard to achieve my goals for this year... I do look forward to sorting out getting a board near the water so I can paddle a hard board more often than an inflatable. I do have to say though I am lovin the 12'6 x 30 Starboard inflatable. Enjoying a sport like SUP without the use of a car and being able to store a board in a tiny studio apartment is fabulous and opens up many doors to many more people, especially those without cars or large garages...

I have two wonderful jobs that I am enjoying and I am looking forward to learning more about, and getting involved as much as I can despite everything else in my life. Basically, I get to play in the outdoors and inspire youth and sometimes other adults... Although both are beautiful jobs and really I have nothing to complain about,.... they are very physical and although I do feel really strong right now, I have to make sure I take good care of this little body of mine on and off the jobs... it has big goals for 2013!

The new year has also brought along some new communities of awesomeness... I am really looking forward to being a part of the OnItPro team, as well as Laiph clothing, and Werner Paddles, I am also soooo excited to continue to be a part of team Trident Sports/Starboard, Nikki Rekman sales/kokatat/werner, and Ryders Eyewear. There may even be more amazing news coming in this department!

I've been hitting up Crossfit Vancouver a lot more which is making me feel strong along with the bike commuting. I have also added swimming and interval running on the treadmill back into my routine. I am hoping I can keep those in the schedule, as they are fun, rewarding and painful in a good way:)

Of course its winter so I have luckily been out backcountry skiing a ton and loving it. I think its one of the best workouts and offers amazing views and peacefulness. I love it as a cross trainer and just as a fun day in the outdoors. I have been snowshoeing a ton, mostly as default as it is one of my two jobs this winter and its a great workout too.. I have been trying to get in a little snowshoe run in before shifts... you know keep the blood flowing... I have not yet gotten out for a skate ski but am hoping I will get out doing that at least a couple of times this winter.. another lovely cross training activity that involves the entire body and is a killer workout while being beautiful and fun!!!!!!

Somehow, I still manage to see some friends and Andrew:) I think I definitely thrive on having a crazy schedule...

to keeping it just  a little bit nutty...

live, love,laugh,..DREAM!
lina

No comments: