Jun 19, 2012

9 days left in China... and I'm not counting anymore


At several points in the year I was sad, angry, felt despair and at a lost... I found myself counting down the days to return to Vancouver and wondering why I CHOSE to be in a far out town in the middle of China with little to no outdoor activities....well I'm still not quite sure why but I do know I'm not counting down the days anymore,... in fact, I'm a little teary eyed to be leaving, and I will miss many memorable adventures from this past year....

 Change is upon me. This is not the first time and I get bet it won't be the last time in my life. I love change- after the instant fear subsides....I love change for all of its unknown factors which allow for unpredicted adventures-good and tough!). Change is difficult, it can be frightening, but in my experience it has never been bad. In 9 days I will be leaving China where I have lived and worked with my husband for the past 10 months... We have had some unbelievable ups and downs here: related to work, environment, culture, people,…the differences in, the lack of, the too much of, the randomness of,…a journey in all aspects of life.

 In the end this has been an experience I will never forget nor regret and one that constantly reminds me that taking risks, heading out of my comforts and exploring is what keeps me on my toes and keeps life invigorating. Now, it’s time to once again step out of my comforts that I have developed here in China and head back home to Vancouver. Going home may sound simple and easy to most...

I know Vancouver will be different, because I am different. I have learned more about the simple life, about waste, about togetherness, about what I need and what I do not need (both in material goods, physically, spiritually, and mentally). I am overjoyed to see the old (apartment, friends, sports, family, environment, landscapes) and the new (job, new people, new landscapes that I never noticed before, new sports,...) and am nervous and a little scared of the unknowns (job, money, will I fit back into my old life, will I be able to really become what I hope to...).

I want to return ready to attack the next chapter of my life. It is without lies that I can say I have no idea how long this chapter will be or what exactly it will look like or where I(and Andrew) will end up but I am ready...BRING IT ON! I do know I have an amazing husband that I love, a supportive family, good friends, good health, and an internal drive to keep improving, to keep exploring, and to keep on living life to its fullest potential.


Whatever comes my way I am ready to receive it with strong arms and an open mind. Eventually our time in China will seem like a faint memory in the memory bank of many memories but I know the experiences will have a lasting effect on my journey through life. 


Live, love, laugh,...DREAM!
lina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings!I'm inspired by your living principle: to live life to its full potential.
Always significant adventuring abroad in a entirely new environement, like the one you had, and the one we're to have. Vic:)