Apr 29, 2010

Hail Storm adds beauty and excitement to Deep Cove Tuesday Night Paddle Races

Andrew and I headed out in Ben's Mark 2 double surf ski for the first time this spring/summer. It was still chilly out and the water not warm but Andrew being more of the risk taker persuaded me it was time to step it up a notch. Not wanting to feel like a wimp and deep down inside wanting to get out on the surfski I smiled and said yes. I was quickly regretting my decision as rain and dark clouds greeted us in Deep Cove. As the race began and we all sprinted off the hail began to fall... at first it was fun, then the drops got bigger, harder and faster and fun turned into pain...but, as the rainbow shined over the mountains and the sun created a beautiful white mist over the ocean and the adventure became a little ridiculous fun returned and I loved it. The noise as the hail hit our carbon paddles was a little surreal and the plopping sounds of it as millions of drops pounced on the ocean was pretty cool! If a video turns up i will post it up.... until then use your imagination....

adventures continue on the pacific northwest!

live, love, laugh,...DREAM!
lina

No comments: